VMG are grants that aim at strengthening the existing networks by allowing scientists to foster collaboration in a virtual setting, to exchange knowledge, learn new techniques, disseminate the Action results, etc.
The aim is to foster collaboration among the action members in a virtual setting and to support the dissemination of the results of the action. The VMGs also try to facilitate the knowledge exchange and the use of new techniques.
Applicant(s) are Action participants with a primary affiliation to an institution located in a COST Full or Cooperating Member country or MC Observers from a COST Near Neighbor Country. The applicant(s) shall inform the MC about the aim of the VM Grant and how its outcomes will generate benefits to the Action, actively contribute to the activities and overall objectives of the Action and submit a report at the end, to be approved by the MC.
VMGs are usually proposed for an entire budgetary period. They should end in the specified time and their successful completion includes submitting the final report. There is usually an open submission based on a rolling basis until the available budget is depleted.
VMG applications for Cost Action CA19130 are received through the e-COST platform in response to an open call. The grantee should upload the final report within 30 days from the end of the grant.
Call for Applications:
The application call will open on the platform and applicants are invited to submit applications:
Applications may be submitted via the e-cost platform. Apply NOW!
Applicants will be notified in respect to the final evaluation results in maximum 30 days after the submission.
Funding is conditioned by submitting the Grant report in the required period and a presentation of the activities and results of the Grant outcome at one of the Action’s events (meetings, workshops, conferences, coffee breaks, etc.).
STSMs and VMG evaluation criteria
In order for an application to be considered for evaluation it has to:
- Involve members from at least 5 countries;
- Treat a deliverable of the Action – the deliverable has to be clearly stated in the application, even if it is a secondary output of the application;
- The applicant should have already been involved in the Action’s activities;
- The applicant should already have acknowledged the Action in previous work. This aspect has to be proven by the applicant in the application process by providing supplementary information related to it.
The final payment of the VMG amount is conditioned by:
- Providing the mission report in due time;
- Providing a proof of the deliverable. This proof may be a link, a DOI number, a proof of submission or anything of the kind, that allows the evaluation committee to see the actual output;
- Any output of the STSM or VMG has to be acknowledged for the Action’s support
- Have a presentation of the output/ results in one of the Action’s events
- Have a podcast with Vasile Strat on the topic of the application.
The applicant may provide to the evaluation committee any other proof that supports the successful implementation of the mission.