[Other] Special Issue Digital Finance – Fintech – Finance, Technologies, and the Society
Deadline for paper submission: April 30, 2023
Objective and topics:
For this Special Issue, we invite rigorous and timely theoretical, empirical, qualitative, or quantitative research that develops a better understanding of the fintech phenomenon. We support studies that will generate both practical and theoretical implications.
To this end, and in line with the aim and scope of the journal, we are interested in high-quality submissions that embrace diverse methodological approaches and theoretical frameworks in all areas of Fintech (banking, asset management, insurance, payments, capital markets, internet of things) providing a multidisciplinary venue.
Submissions are welcome in all Fintech research fields such as (but not limited to):
- theoretical analysis of the fintech domain (finance and economic analysis);
- machine learning applications to finance;
- cryptocurrencies and digital currencies (like CBDC);
- blockchain technologies, smart contracts;
- big data analysis, nowcasting, and text analysis in finance;
- network analysis in finance;
- behavioral finance;
- fintech and its social impact (financial inclusion, environment, equality, …);
- crowdfunding, social/P2P lending to increase access to finance and broaden the investor base;
- fintech as enabler of sustainable finance/impact investing;
- risks of machine-based decision making in finance;
- ethics and fintech to prevent a potential new financial crisis;
- big data and fintech (increasing privacy, cyber security);
- regulation of fintech markets to catalyze societal value creation.